Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A day in my life

 My sweet LLoyd!
Today started out like any other normal day. I had coffee and waffles. I was sitting here checking my messages when LLoyd came  stumbling in. His blood sugar had dropped and he was in danger, I went into caregiving mode and grabbed the orange juice as to bring his sugar back up! He was sweating profusely and I went and grabbed a fresh cloth and cold water and dabbed across his forehead and face.  I finally got him stabilized but was very scary!  I  feel blessed to be his caregiver. Because, I know that he could not do this had I not been here.  I rarely leave his side. I do get out every day for a few minutes either for groceries/ the Dr. myself or just to grab a coffee @ Starbucks and be able to feel alive.  Being sick myself makes it hard but I can do this. He tool care of me all these years and now I take care of him.  A real treat for me is going to Target. That makes me so happy! It's my place. My Happy place.  They have everything what's not to love. 

Today, I feel tired. My meds are wearing off and that is hard. In life you do what you can to get by. I love my husband and there is nothing I would not do for him.  If you are a caretaker, I find that a hobby helps/ Something for me is decorating and cleaning.  I immerse myself in it most times!
 One of my favorite!
 Afternoon Shadows
So, that is all I can muster today!  Soon, it will be lunch and have to prepare some tuna! Take care. Hug your family/ adopt a pet and take care of the environment! If you are a caretaker let me hear from you.

Candi

No comments:

Good morning

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Nashville! My little birds were anxiously waiting as I slipped into my house shoes and greeted them a...