Tuesday, March 7, 2017

PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR HEALTH

 Today I visited with my favorite Dr.! My Rheumatologist Dr. Glenn Douglas. A brilliant man that is serious when it comes to taking care of yourself.  I know this because I have been going there for many years and he has seen the long road that I have taken with my Lupus and Fibromyalgia. I have been on 10 mg of prednisone for a very long time.  Now, my sweet Dr. says I have to taper off because it is so bad for you.  At the moment I have 3 fractured bones in my back. No doubt that the evil prednisone has taken it's toll on my aging body!  I started taking it back in 1995 when I was diagnosed with SLE as my sed rate was at 98 and I could not function.  When Dr. John, put me on it I immediately felt better. I had energy I felt good. But, I looked like a pumpkin as my face was so round! It was awful. Not just round  but moon faced.  It changed my personality. It has terrible side effects even though it made me better. Life is strange. I always knew that my life would not be easy, I don't know why but I did. 

I have to say that despite the odds  I will give this a try and see that hopefully I can see some improvements.  I am not one to give up and I am a fighter!  So check back and I will update my progress!

Thank you Jesus.



No comments:

Good morning

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Nashville! My little birds were anxiously waiting as I slipped into my house shoes and greeted them a...