Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas Thyme

As Christmas steadfastly approaches I get excited with absolute glee! I have always loved this time of year. I used to stay so busy the entire month going to every open house/party and mansion in Nashville! But, the last few years I have just been happy to enjoy the simplicity of shopping in the afternoon/ watching Christmas movies with the kids or just listening to my favorite Christmas songs. I plan to bake some cookies for friends/wrap my presents and  prepare the meal for Christmas Eve when my family visits. I know that for many, Christmas is difficult and sad. It breaks my heart to see people miss out on this very special time of the year. I can understand though, as our Christmas time has not been the same since my Mother passed away! We all kind of went our separate ways and my brother, Russ, passed away suddenly. I still get together with my brother Ricky and his wife Kim. Our daughter Tasha, Dave our Son in law and of course the boys! We have a blast on Christmas Eve with lots of food, opening presents and a game of Dirty Santa! On Christmas Day my husband's awesome family have a huge lunch and open presents. So, I am excited for the fun days ahead. Time to get this  day started. Maybe more coffee will do the trick.

Have a blessed and Happy Day,

Candi

 
Must try!
Old tin dough riser with greenery and one of my pin keeps
 Love my Tina Woltman Sampler

I collect Christmas pin tucks

Family Favorite: Buttermilk pie

No comments:

Good morning

It's a beautiful sunny day here in Nashville! My little birds were anxiously waiting as I slipped into my house shoes and greeted them a...